Massachusetts, United States
Husband and Wife duo living the New England Life!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oh how time flies by.....

Last night, Nick and I went out with some of our closest friends for a night of bowling. We made our way out to our favorite bowling alley, Lanes and Games, and proceeded to spend the next several hours (until they kicked us out) bowling, laughing, and having fun. It was one of those nights that makes you thankful to have a family of friends in your life.

The evening got me thinking about how much life has changed for us over the past several years. It was at that very bowling alley, 6 years earlier on Valentine's Day, that Nick and I first really got to hang out. It was a BU Catholic Center social event. Nick and I had just met about 2 weeks before on a retreat so we were still getting to know each other. I'll always remember that, when we got to the bowling alley, I stepped away from the game for a little while to talk on the phone with my mom. Months later, Nick told me he thought I was talking to a boyfriend back home and that he was sad that I was already taken. Ha, little did he know!

Now, 6 years later, we are back at the same bowling alley with some of the same friends (well, I guess Alex was the only one who was there for that first trip and last night....we're all the old ones in the group). Instead of being 2 new friends, we are a married couple expecting our first child. What a blessing those past 6 years have been.

No comments: