Massachusetts, United States
Husband and Wife duo living the New England Life!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Today, my wedding band was lost. And then found.

Somehow, while I getting ready this morning, I managed to drop my wedding band in the bathroom. I usually NEVER take my rings off, but I had gotten some lotion in between my band and engagement ring, so I wanted to wipe it off. In a split second, both rings slipped out of my hand. I was able to catch my engagement ring, but I watched helplessly as my band slipped behind my travel bag and down into a thin crack between the wall and the countertop.
I grabbed a thin letter opener from the desk in the family room and was going to use it to hook my ring and pull it out. Just as I put the opener in the crack, I saw the ring fall.
Well four hours later, with the entire sink and cabinet removed from the wall, Uncle Thomas and Nick COULD NOT find it. The only place it could have gone was between the wall and the floor in an even thinner crack than the one it initally fell between. Sure enough, there it was!
What a way to start our vacation!

No comments: