Massachusetts, United States
Husband and Wife duo living the New England Life!

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Our First Thanksgiving


Our first holiday as husband and wife has come and gone, and it truly was a great one. For a while, Nick and I had contemplated what we were going to do for our first Thanksgiving. Because we are hosting Christmas at our house, we knew our parents weren't going to be able to come out for Thanksgiving as well. So we weighed our various options.


Cook our own Thanksgiving dinner for two....and eat leftovers for a month? Go to Alex's house cause who doesn't love spending time with the Paiva's? Boycott the holiday altogether and eat Chinese food instead?

Then my Aunt Joanie called and suggested we come to New Jersey for the holiday. Duh, why didn't I think of that?!? So on Thanksgiving morning, Nick and I made the trip through 5 states (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey) to get to my aunt and uncle's house.

Nick and I cooked two dishes while my aunt and uncle took care of the rest. A whole day of driving only increased our appetite for a nice Thanksgiving dinner. It meant so much more to share our first Thanksgiving as husband and wife with members of our family than had we spent the holiday alone. Plus, we had so much fun relaxing in New Jersey and spending time catching up with my aunt and uncle.

The day was definitely a reminder of all the wonderful things that have happened over the past year. How many blessings Nick and I both have to be thankful for. We only hope our future years are as blessed as this one was. Happy belated Thanksgiving to all :)

No comments: